Monday, May 19, 2008

Oh, No! I Forgot a Photo!

Q: I forgot to take a photograph of my booth at a trade show, and now I need proof of performance to be reimbursed for the activity. Is there any way I can still meet the Branded proof of performance requirements and receive funds for the show?

A: Companies are required to submit a photograph of the products displayed in the booth at the trade show. Photos must also clearly show the required U.S. origin identification. Therefore, it is important the Branded Department has photographs when reviewing expenses because of the following:
  • Many times companies are listed in the trade show catalog or an empty booth is present at the show, but the company decided not to exhibit after all.
  • A company may be promoting brands or products that are not listed in their approved Branded application. When this occurs, expenses must be prorated.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Per Diem Rates

Q: Where can I find the per diem rates for lodging, meals and incidental expenses?

A: The per diem rates can be found on the U.S. Department of State's website at the following link:

Monday, May 5, 2008

Travel Notification Forms

Q: Where do I send the Travel Notification Form prior to my activity?

A: In order to receive Branded reimbursement for an activity, the Travel Notification Form must be sent to the appropriate Foreign Agricultural Service post prior to travel. The Foreign Agricultural Service overseas offices can be found using the following link:

Friday, May 2, 2008

Printed Sales Materials

Q: I do not have any printed sales materials available in other languages, and I have Branded activities scheduled for markets where I do not speak the language. Can I create new materials for these upcoming promotions and request Branded reimbursement?

A: A company can be reimbursed for printed sales materials for the markets approved in their Branded application. All promotional materials in a foreign language must show an English translation. Therefore, a company should submit the English version of the materials along with the foreign printed sales materials. If a company has not submitted a Branded application and been approved for a certain market, an Activity Plan Amendment Request (APAR) form must be completed and approved by the Branded Department before the promotional activity takes place.

AddThis Share Buttons